Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kerdour

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Paris, France.
I hate Apple when they silently remove features I use every day - this time is the ability to change in Mail the Swipe Left Gesture. Up to version 10.12 I used the swipe left gesture to Archive. Not anymore...

Also in Rules I don't have anymore access to the folders of my MS Exchange account to create automatic sorting rules for incoming emails. Still working for old rules I have but I can't create new ones. Seams to work fine with iCloud email account...

BTW Is it possible to edit Rules outside the mail interface?

Kerdour

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Paris, France.
Can you create rules at your Exchange webmail interface? Seems like that would be preferred in these days of multiple devices.
Yes I could do so. I get also an interesting answer from the editor of Mail Act-On (an add-on software to Apple Mail that improve mail Rules). They confirm that this is a bug in High Sierra.

-------
This is a bug in Mail that Apple was notified about while High Sierra was still in the very early beta stage. Unfortunately, because Mail Act-On builds of Mails rules, even with it installed those files are hidden in the rule section.

Mail Act-On has a Move to interface which lets you move messages to specific folders using F3 then selecting the folder. If you set it up so that it focuses in the search filed, it is quick for moving messages as it will filter folder names as you type. Using this mechanism you will be able to access the missing folders.

Alternatively, if you log into your exchange server from the web, are you able to move the folders out of the inbox, if they are not a sub-folder of the inbox, they will be visible.
-------

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.