Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac-mike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2020
Chicagoland
I just got a new MacBook Pro (14") with M1 and while I'm loving it so far, I've stumbled into something very weird in Messages. Where the UI used to show a list of recent conversations on the left side, after updating to MacOs 12.4, Messages now has a jumbled mess of things on the left side and no recent conversation list. I have "Shared With You" completely shut off, but this state persists. It displays a variety of items, including photos, documents, etc. which I think may have been Messages attachments in the past. I somehow got it to go away and show the recent conversations list again, but I don't know how I got rid of this or how it appeared to begin with. Any thoughts?

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
That's super weird for sure. Might have been a glitch. I don't see any options in my (12.4) Messages menu to enable anything of that sort in the sidebar, so it must have been some kind of odd glitch.

mac-mike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2020
Chicagoland
That's super weird for sure. Might have been a glitch. I don't see any options in my (12.4) Messages menu to enable anything of that sort in the sidebar, so it must have been some kind of odd glitch.
Thanks, KoolAid. I also searched for some sort of setting and found nothing. It is very weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.