Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nkl984

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
Hi!
I'm running macos Big Sur 11.2 20D64 and almost everytime I boot the computer my wifi is not working, I need to disconnect and reconnect the machine to work.
Today I tried to boot in Safe Mode and the computer is working very very slow and laggy into Safe Mode.

Any advice pls? Thank you

Reactions: S1000

S1000

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2021
Same
Hi!
I'm running macos Big Sur 11.2 20D64 and almost everytime I boot the computer my wifi is not working, I need to disconnect and reconnect the machine to work.
Today I tried to boot in Safe Mode and the computer is working very very slow and laggy into Safe Mode.

Hello!
Same problem here on MacBook with Big Sur 11.2 20d64 when running in Safe Boot my macbook is VERY SLOW and unusable. Hmmmm! How did they released such an update? We’re like guineea pigs again!

Apple!!! fix this! Stop destroying our computers with your buggy unverified updates!!!!!!

nkl984

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
Same

Hello!
Same problem here on MacBook with Big Sur 11.2 20d64 when running in Safe Boot my macbook is VERY SLOW and unusable. Hmmmm! How did they released such an update? We’re like guineea pigs again!

Apple!!! fix this! Stop destroying our computers with your buggy unverified updates!!!!!!
So new update, new bugs ?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi!

When you boot into safe mode, you don't get graphics accceleration so performance should be expected to be slow. It's a troubleshooting tool, not a way to run the computer normally.

nkl984

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
When you boot into safe mode, you don't get graphics accceleration so performance should be expected to be slow. It's a troubleshooting tool, not a way to run the computer normally.
I know that but this time I cannot even use the machine in safe mode. This is not a normal behaviour. Please boot into safe mode and see...

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I know that but this time I cannot even use the machine in safe mode. This is not a normal behaviour. Please boot into safe mode and see...
Again, it's expected that the computer will be slow in safe mode. As for your wifi problems, do you have USB devices connected to the computer, and if you do, try disconnecting them and/or repositioning them to see if it reduces interference and allows the wifi to work better.

nkl984

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
Again, it's expected that the computer will be slow in safe mode. As for your wifi problems, do you have USB devices connected to the computer, and if you do, try disconnecting them and/or repositioning them to see if it reduces interference and allows the wifi to work better.
I think you misunderstand the meaning of “slow” my friend. Please boot your machine into safe mode and see what i’m talking about. Thank you!

Crash0veride

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2016
Cincinnati
For the record I would say I have the opposite problem. I can only boot in safe mode since last night's update (and some re-installs today) and safe mode runs as I would expect. It's not really "slow" at all for me. About as I would expect with no acceleration. (Not disputing that it is slow for you, more confirming that the base line safe mode isn't that slow).

Noticing you're on iMac Pro though. I'm on a 16" MBP, so obviously not apples to apples.

Last edited:

nkl984

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
For the record I would say I have the opposite problem. I can only boot in safe mode since last night's update (and some re-installs today) and safe mode runs as I would expect. It's not really "slow" at all for me. About as I would expect with no acceleration. (Not disputing that it is slow for you, more confirming that the base line safe mode isn't that slow).

Noticing you're on iMac Pro though. I'm on a 16" MBP, so obviously not apples to apples.
Thank you for your reply. All I can do is wait for Big Sur next update hoping they will fix this... Getting really tired of Big Sur, Catalina, etc. too many OS problems and buggy Apple updates in the last 1 year.

akidokraja

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
11.2.3 on MacBook Air i5 and Safe Boot is extremely slow. For example after clicking on launch pad to see a list of apps I need to wait as much as 20-30 seconds. Weird.

G.P.V.E

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2021
hello every one i did like to install my macbook from old version to new version i need help please

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.