Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThaGoochiestMane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2020
Apple is going to drive the transition to ARM by introducing flashing, new hardware that will entice uniformed, casual users who don't understand what the change means.

Their frustration will lead to a slew of angry posts; and instead of Apple, they will be directed at those companies who haven't optimized apps for ARM.

TLDR: Apple is going to leverage "cancel culture" to convince developers to adopt Catalyst/Universal apps.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
I guess it's a good time to switch. No real need to dual boot to Windows anymore (unless you play games, in which case, buy a gaming PC), when there are a lot of options for running Windows as a VM. I would've liked to see more about their Virtualization options though. I saw them run Parallels in the keynote...

ThaGoochiestMane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2020
I guess it's a good time to switch. No real need to dual boot to Windows anymore (unless you play games, in which case, buy a gaming PC), when there are a lot of options for running Windows as a VM. I would've liked to see more about their Virtualization options though. I saw them run Parallels in the keynote...
I too am curious about that. I also think it would be nice if we could have seen them demo this feature, as well as the Microsoft and Adobe products they showed, for longer as IMO this felt like one of the more "staged" aspects of the keynote.

Reactions: GoKyu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.