Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2023
Does Sequoia bring new wallpapers/screensavers and/or removed previous ones included in Sonoma?
I am talking about all kinds of wallpapers: still images, dynamic wallpapers, colors; and all kinds of screensavers, including the videos that turn into wallpapers, and the animated screensavers inspired by the abstract wallpapers, and of course the traditional screensavers before Sonoma.

From what I know so far, we have:
- the new abstract Sequoia wallpaper suit: light theme, dark theme, and and the animated screensaver
- the animated Macintosh screensaver/wallpaper
- the video screensaver “Sequoia Sunrise” (discovered that from this post)

But do we have more video wallpapers that were added to the collections introduced in Sonoma, or are there items that were removed from Sonoma release?

By the way, I have made a Sheets file with all the wallpapers included in Sonoma release that I know, maybe it’ll help someone :)
(It is not completed and I hope the data included is correct…)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Reactions: LavaLevel

LavaLevel

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2024
I'm really enjoying the Macintosh Automated Wallpaper. As a huge Susan Kare fan I couldn't be more delighted. It's so interesting. Sometimes it has the current date in it. Other times it's almost as if it's goading me to click or interact wit hit.

I absolutely love it, and wish there was more too it. Or more options, to maybe it could only blue, or a custom color.
[ EDIT: Just realized I could set it on Spectrum or on a particular hue! ] maybe always have the date on one of my monitors.

Really like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SadChief
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.