Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xlambchopsx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2019
Hopefully someone can shed light on this situation...

I have a MacPro 4,1 that’s been upgraded to a 5,1 and currently running a 6-core 3.46 in Mojave with boot rom 138.0.0.0.0

I recently got a ridiculous deal on a MacPro 2009 upgraded from 4,1 to 5,1 running a 12 core 3.46 in OS X 10.13.6 with boot rom MP51.

I assumed that I’d be able to simply swap out my 6 core tray with the 12 core tray and have no issues, however, the new 12 core tray installed in my machine will not boot... but my 6 core tray boots fine in the new machine.

Notes:
- The trays are both 1.39f5.
- My machine with the 12 core tray was tested with a GTX Titan and an original Apple ATI card.

Thanks in advance for giving help with this

Ludacrisvp

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
did the 12 core one boot before you did tray swap?
does the 12 core one still boot in the 'new' tower after swapping things around?

xlambchopsx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2019
Is there anyway for me to delete this thread? I got it working and don’t exactly know how. I installed and reinstalled several times with different things unplugged and different ram modules and eventually it came on. Maybe the boards defective because now I have everything plugged back in and everything works except my raid card... which is really posing me off now. It’s a rocket raid 4520 and it shows in the system profiler but says no driver installed and the web GUI says it’s not connected. The driver is supposedly native to the OS so it makes no sense. I’m gonna reach out to HighPoint.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Is there anyway for me to delete this thread? I got it working and don’t exactly know how. I installed and reinstalled several times with different things unplugged and different ram modules and eventually it came on. Maybe the boards defective because now I have everything plugged back in and everything works except my raid card... which is really posing me off now. It’s a rocket raid 4520 and it shows in the system profiler but says no driver installed and the web GUI says it’s not connected. The driver is supposedly native to the OS so it makes no sense. I’m gonna reach out to HighPoint.

You can report your own post and ask admin to delete it for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.