Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
I thought it was ironic that there isn't a thread dedicated to showing the photographers behind the photographs. I'm hoping that this may be a good way for us to get to know everyone a little better. So, if you would like, post a photo of yourself and maybe share some info with others. Also, along with your photo, everyone who posts must answer the question "If you could have one super power, what would it be?"

Carlos Robles "Hippie Boy"
College Student/ Photo hobbyist
Pursuing Ph.D in clinical psychology
"If you could have one super power, what would it be?" Healing!

Carlos%20Robles.jpg

Don't be shy, POST YO' MUG!

bootedbear

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2004
Austin, TX
Oh what the heck, even though I'm mostly a lurker.

IMG_1234.framed.jpg

Desired superpower: mind-reading (that way I can tell who's out to get me ;))

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
very pale:

also pale:

also: i don't want to have any kind of superpower.
i feel that a superpower will most likely get into my way. what i mean by that is: i could'nt tell anybody, as they'd only see me as the geek with that special 'gift' from that day on and not as the person i really am.
so, no superpower for me.

have a nice day.

theenigmat

macrumors member
May 10, 2006
So the professor directing my Thesis has banned me from doing any photography until I finish the damn thing. However, I cheated the system. :)

2410824027_af96cc89ac.jpg

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
This is me about 2 months ago. The mysterious hand in the frame belongs to my brother, who was trying to steal my phone (he's mischievous that way).

Superpower: OBVIOUSLY the ability to fly. I would make millions as a Cameraman.

20080413-dpegsejy9akaae84tf36dgaw4b.jpg

cutsman

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
This is me:

p144156671-3.jpg

Superpower? Don't like the whole heights thing, so flying is out. I'd have to say the ability to time travel with teleportation being a distant 2nd choice.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Because you asked for it... ;)

img_0007.JPG

Canon A95

Edit: Superpower - that's a tough one. I would say flying... what a freedom that would represent, but in the end I'd have to say the power to read the minds of others, including my dogs' . ;) Knowing what the truth is behind that mask would save a lot of wasted time in this world.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Haha! I was actually waiting for this

My studio was too messy for a portrait due to another project, but there was room to do a quick shot in a small area. I was pretty sure someone would beat me to it though.

In my defense, at least I shot it for the thread- Softbox with a circle mask as key from camera right, silver umbrella from camera left as fill, and an 18 degree grid for the rim from high and behind on camera right (my standard low-key setup opened up 2 stops.) Mug on plexiglass over black foamcore with a black muslin backdrop, cropped down and minor PP to take out the horizon and adjust for not cleaning the plexiglass first.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Didn't know there needed to be a super power and Junky:

Digital Skunk
Freelance Photo Technician for Baltimore Sun
Freelance Photographer for Baltimore Development Corporation
Photographer for various lovely couples in Delmarva/Pennsylvania area.

Superpower..... to turn myself and my clothes invisible to get those great candid shots. And probably a little bit of time control, mainly freezing time for just about the same reasons.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Me:
dsc0261ja2.jpg

Another...:
8193qf6.jpg

Plymouthbreezer - Student (Massachusetts College of Art and Design in September); Computer/Network Tech for the City of Worcester, MA; Photographer; Artist. < Me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.