Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHeritage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2022
British Columbia, Canada
MacUpdate has, once again, changed hands. This time it went from Clario to Tekkie OU. For basic info that shows the change: https://www.macupdate.com/about

Hopefully, it means that MacUpdate will get some much needed love since they were the best at what they did before Clario. After Clario, they seemed to have stopped developing the features of the site, emails are laid out terribly and getting worse, things are not maintained properly and just sit there doing nothing, cutting back if anything, including axing MacUpdater and everything worth having an account. No software deals or other stuff either. Just nothing going on.

Now for the main reason why I created this post (my first): I know who Clario was but who is Tekkie OU?

I searched and found absolutely nothing on the web. Does anyone else know who/whom they are or what country they are based in?

Reactions: Procrastopossum

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
It's beginning to look a lot like VersionTracker.com before it was bought out by... oh heck, I can't even remember... but they destroyed the site in the span of a year.

MacUpdate, as horrible as it currently is on numerous fronts, is still the best option for Mac software listings. Hopefully, the new ownership does something with it other than bury the site in ads and sponsored links.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
It looks like it's an Online University-type thing for geeks. But that's IF it's the same one. There are other Tekkie OU listings that don't appear to have anything to do with that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.