Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Any advice for DSLR beginner magazines with different reviews and things that I might be able to find at a Barnes and Noble?

wilburdl

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2006
Atlanta
Buschmaster said:
Any advice for DSLR beginner magazines with different reviews and things that I might be able to find at a Barnes and Noble?
There's at least four or five of there. Just look. Get some subscriptions--it'll be cheaper in the long run.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I picked up a shutterbug.

Pretty much what I was looking for, except it makes me want that DSLR all that much more.

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
George Lepp has discontinued "The Natural Image" as well as "The Digital Image", but I believe that he sells collections of past publications on his website (www.leppphoto.com). Since he just discontinued these writings in 2005, they're still reasonably up to date.

A monthly that I'm currently getting is "Outdoor Photographer", which belies my interests in landscapes :) The cover says their website is www.outdoorphotographer.com - - guess I should check that out sometime.

-hh

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
-hh said:
George Lepp has discontinued "The Natural Image" as well as "The Digital Image", but I believe that he sells collections of past publications on his website (www.leppphoto.com). Since he just discontinued these writings in 2005, they're still reasonably up to date.

A monthly that I'm currently getting is "Outdoor Photographer", which belies my interests in landscapes :) The cover says their website is www.outdoorphotographer.com - - guess I should check that out sometime.

-hh
I saw that one at Ritz (Wolf, Proex, whatever ;)), but I was worried that it wouldn't cover everything that I like to take pictuers of... which is... well... everything.

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
I hate Ritz (even thought I just bought a new camera from them) THE LOCATION NEAR MY HOSE KEEPS OPENING AND CLOSING AND OPENING AND CLOSING. ARHG! sorry:eek:

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
jamesW135 said:
I hate Ritz (even thought I just bought a new camera from them) THE LOCATION NEAR MY HOSE KEEPS OPENING AND CLOSING AND OPENING AND CLOSING. ARHG! sorry:eek:
Well, I'll probably be buying my camera from Circuit City or online, so... no worries.;) I only developed a roll of film. I thought it was nice that they didn't make me pay up front, that way, if I returned in an hour I'd be like, you know, now I have to make another 20 minute drive...

And they'd know what's up.:cool:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Outdoor photographer is very good - lots of good hints. It's the only one I still subscribe to, and I used to get all of em'. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.