Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philliez98

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Southeastern PA
Hi Everyone, I was hoping I could get some guidance/opinion on an issue I’ve discovered with my Magic Keyboard for my 11“ iPad Pro.

On the left hinge area (near the USB-C port) there seems to be some kind of bubbling or fraying. It almost looks like it could tear at some point in near future. I have attached pictures. Has anyone else have an issue like this on their MK? With Apple’s reputation of high-quality of products I have naturally come to expect products to adhere to this as a result. But I also understand the difficulty of achieving on each and every product produced by Apple.

I purchased my MK from Bestbuy. So I am wondering if I should get in touch with Bestbuy for some kind of exchange or could this be something to bring up with apple? Does this come with a limited time warranty from Apple? If so, I could potentially do an exchange with Apple, but with all stores being closed I am just not sure if/when store will open back up in order to initiate a return or swap. :/

It could just be me thinking this is a defect. I often am very particular and meticulous with issues or defects of the products I purchase, especially those from apple. Thanks so much for taking the time to read And your opinions.

E1BE1E28-DC65-42DA-BC3C-997FFC38DC69.jpeg
423F12CF-408A-4654-BE90-2741F0BC30DB.jpeg
72DF6B17-3A5F-432E-8A9A-9F2780F6595C.jpeg

Macintosh101

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
I don’t think you’re being overly particular - this looks like a defect to me. Yes it comes with standard Apole 1 year Warranty. Also, if you have AppleCare + for your iPad Pro, that covers your keyboard as well :)

philliez98

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Southeastern PA
Ok, glad to know it’s not just me. Ill start with Bestbuy and see if i can maybe swap via curbside. Thanks so much for your input and help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.