Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Md Rafiqu Rahman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
My Magic Keyboard stopped working so I guess it ran out of battery, I have been using it with Lightning cable connected which is also supposed to recharge the battery, Right? It has been 2 days since I have the Lightning cable connected, I have also tried with my Amazon tablets charger but if I unplug the cable the Magic Keyboard would not work at all and the device is not found on Bluetooth either.

I got this keyboard 20 days ago with my brand new iMac(late 2015), I am using OSX El Capitan (version 10.11.5). This is the first time i am charging it, Can anyone help please?

YMY3wpI.png

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
My Magic Keyboard stopped working so I guess it ran out of battery, I have been using it with Lightning cable connected which is also supposed to recharge the battery, Right? It has been 2 days since I have the Lightning cable connected, I have also tried with my Amazon tablets charger but if I unplug the cable the Magic Keyboard would not work at all and the device is not found on Bluetooth either.

I got this keyboard 20 days ago with my brand new iMac(late 2015), I am using OSX El Capitan (version 10.11.5). This is the first time i am charging it, Can anyone help please?

YMY3wpI.png
If it won't charge at all take it back Apple will replace it under warranty no worries.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
There's not a lot you can do to try to get it working. Make sure the keyboard's power switch is turned on. Consider the possibility that you have a bad cable: If you haven't tried a different Lightning cable, do. Also try reversing the Lightning connector in the keyboard port. If that doesn't work, contact Apple for service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.