Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Just got one of these last week on a clearance sale 119 uk pounds

I didn't get a chance to go to the store and try these out so had to buy from the web. I had assumed that as I was buying Apple that it was a safer option than buying cheaper unknown brands.

What a horrendous keyboard. One of the worst I have ever used. Cheap feeling build quality and so thin its like typing on the desk surface. Small keys with dead flesh keyboard tactility, much worse than on the MacBook Pro keyboard, whatever model year you choose.

I thought I would get used to it but I don't think I can, my wife likes it though as it matches the rest of the setup but she is a very light user but I need to code on this thing all day when I work from home so I am going to need something different very soon.

Can someone recommend something with a bit of heft, ergonomic shape and proper key tactility. If it has to be wired then I don't mind at this stage.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Just got one of these last week on a clearance sale 119 uk pounds

I didn't get a chance to go to the store and try these out so had to buy from the web. I had assumed that as I was buying Apple that it was a safer option than buying cheaper unknown brands.

What a horrendous keyboard. One of the worst I have ever used. Cheap feeling build quality and so thin its like typing on the desk surface. Small keys with dead flesh keyboard tactility, much worse than on the MacBook Pro keyboard, whatever model year you choose.

I thought I would get used to it but I don't think I can, my wife likes it though as it matches the rest of the setup but she is a very light user but I need to code on this thing all day when I work from home so I am going to need something different very soon.

Can someone recommend something with a bit of heft, ergonomic shape and proper key tactility. If it has to be wired then I don't mind at this stage.

I am a big fan of the keyboard that you have. I'm a retired coder who still does quite a bit of coding on personal project...

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
I guess keyboards are really subjective things. As I said my wife quite likes it.

Its' a shame there is no such thing as a keyboard shop where I can try out loads of types

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.