Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boeingfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2019
Australia
My current iPhone is an i14PM, and I adore it. The heft, feel, screen, capability, features, built in apps; fabulous, I love it.

The i15PM is the next iPhone iteration, and brings new features and improvements, which make it an even more capable, wonderous piece of kit. I've been thinking about the iPhone 15 Pro Max since the announcement, and thought I'd share my thoughts briefly on the foreplay (rumours), climax (announcement), and cigarette time (analysis). So to give the i15PM it's fully deserved credit, I decided to look at it from a 'my first iPhone Pro Max' point of view. It's easy to get caught up in the high expectations, year after year, when, really, every iPhone, in it's own right, is a magnificent piece of tech. You may think my comments sound like a scripted speech from Tim himself, and that's not my intention of course, though I'm OK with that too.

Place yourself in this scenario for a moment; Apple never invented the iPhone, and we are still using Blackberry's, Nokia's, Motorola's, Samsung's, and other branded candy bar handsets. If someone came along and said here's something new, it's called the iPhone 15 Pro Max, it would be hailed as the wonderous piece of gear that it is, and deserve the accolades that the i3G got when it launched. We all know that iPhone changed the course of mobile phone history.

The rumour mill, including Macrumours, is a double-edged sword in that they are bubble bursters, but also feed the anticipation and excitement which Apple has mastered creating. There is a reason for sites like this, and for the queues around the block to get the latest iPhone: every iPhone in their own right are amazing bits of tech.

It's easy to yawn, consider hurling yourself in front of a speeding lorry, or throw a tantrum because the phone doesn't fly us to the moon, but whilst each iteration of the iPhone may not represent a significant and worthwhile upgrade from the previous model, that's no different to any other product on the market, and to look at it in it's own right, on its own merits, changes the review significantly, and I thought I'd share my thoughts. Be kind.

OK that's it, thoughts down as best as I can.
Ta ta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.