Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
My old 11" MBAir still does well for my needs, it sits smoothly on my bedside table and does great to read news and for web browsing, I have to change the battery cause it is swollen I suppose and makes the keypad almost unresponsive if not in a corner but if I menage to fix the keyboard and the cable I would gladly replace the battery too.

So, attaching two pics, the E cap fell off, dunno if can be fixed or not, you please tell me.

MagSafe cable wise need suggestions to fix it before it breaks, my son would make fun of me since I kept stressing out to him to keep it carefully as not to break it (on his 13" MBAir) so, please, whatever any suggestion would be welcome.

Grazie

Giovanni

Attachments

• KeyCap.jpg
    KeyCap.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 166
  • MagSafe.jpg
    MagSafe.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 99

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
I have that same MacBook air (a 2014, anyway, not sure what year yours is).

I replaced my battery last year by buying a NewerTech one from OWC (macsales.com). It was a quick and easy replacement and it's been working perfectly since then.

The key cap, I'm not sure, but I'm sure if you Google it you'll find something.

As far as the charger, you can find MagSafe chargers on eBay, but some of them are probably fakes. OWC, again, will probably be a good place to look in my experience, if you want to make sure you're getting a real one: https://eshop.macsales.com/search/?q=magsafe I think you only need a 45w one for that MacBook Air.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I am in Italy and as such I need an EU source for the battery, keycap wise I have to lookup on YouTube maybe, with regards to the MagSafe I want to reinforce the cable before it breaks, any suggestion?

Grazie

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
That cable looks past the point of repair to me. There's bare metal showing, and it's not hard to imagine it shorting out, and soon. I'd replace it. That machine has got to be at least 5 years old, so spending a few bucks euros on a safe charger is a pretty reasonable expense.

I have no idea where to find MacBook batteries in the EU, but again, Google is your friend. I have used the "NewerTech" brand myself and I think that's a solid option if you can get your hands on one.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.