Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taseens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2022
Hello, I’m new on this forums so this is my first post. I’d like to ask about MagSafe charging. Basically I have updated from iPhone Xs Max to 14 Pro Max. I also have bought MagSafe charger along with it. So on first time I was charging the my iPhone it checked it the MagSafe was heating up so I immediately remove it. I’m planing to keep this phone for few years. I’m worried if it start degrading fast than regular charging. Beside I have always charging my phone on between 30%-100%. I also have have Apple watch series 7 it’s battery health is still at 100% it also uses fast charging and wireless but I guess apple is few steps back in fast wireless charging

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
There are tons of threads on this topic. Some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I've been primarily using MagSafe on my iPhone 13 for a year now, and my battery health just dropped to 99%. It might get warm (not hot), but no warmer than it does if I were to plug it in using a 20 watt charger. I don't do any specific charging regimen either. Charge it at night when I'm sleeping, or as needed throughout the day. I don't do the 20%-80% thing or whatever it is that I see a lot of other people doing.

There's no right or wrong answer. Do what works best for you. The battery is likely going to last a few years no matter what you do.

Reactions: addamas

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
If you just accept that you will have to replace your battery after 2 years, life is going to become a little easier as you’ll no longer spend time worrying about such things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.