Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CorporateFelon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Boston, MA
In iOS 10 I'm only seeing a single global setting, that applies to every account, to be able to specify the Fetch time.

For some reason in previous iOS verions I remember being able to specify different times per account.

Did I remember this correctly and iOS 10 no longer allows this? Or did I just remember incorrectly?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I dont have a non-ios 10 device around but my memory confers with yours. I think you used to be able to set Fetch intervals per account. Now it seems you can't.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Fairly certain it was a global time at least in iOS 9 (but I think even before). You simply chose between Push, Fetch, or Manual on a per-account basis, but the Fetch timing was the same for all that used Fetch.

Reactions: Feenician

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I don't remember it being other than global - I know because I didn't want to fetch very often for one account but found only the global setting - at leas as far back as I remember

Reactions: Feenician

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Fairly certain it was a global time at least in iOS 9 (but I think even before). You simply chose between Push, Fetch, or Manual on a per-account basis, but the Fetch timing was the same for all that used Fetch.

I don't remember it being other than global - I know because I didn't want to fetch very often for one account but found only the global setting - at leas as far back as I remember

Interesting. I dispensed with any Fetch accounts (Google, after they ditched Activeysnc) some time ago so indeed my memory is probably faulty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.