Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkieMarkie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2016
When going to: << Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Fetch New Data >>
there appears an account (let's call it accountA) that is not in the (small) list of mail accounts that I created myself (the list found under: << Settings -> Mail -> Accounts >> ).

I have accessed this account a couple of times from the Safari browser, but I don't want to use this one again and therefore don't want it to show up in my list.

Anybody an idea why this mail account is put in the list in the first place, and how to get rid of it.
As a side note: clearing all history data from Safari doesn't help. Another side note: my current iOS is version 10.1.1.

Best,
Mark

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Does it say it's for mail? Could it be there in relation to contacts or calendar or notes or something like that?

MarkieMarkie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2016
Does it say it's for mail? Could it be there in relation to contacts or calendar or notes or something like that?

Ha, that is a good point. It says it is for Contacts and calendars, not for mail.

I now found out that I also logged into facebook with this account (mail address) and gave facebook access to my contacts and calendar. I now logged out from facebook with this account and the account has now also disappeared from 'Fetch New Data'.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Reactions: C DM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.