Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, has anyone else experienced mail issues on icloud.com today with mail not coming through?

I had to do a restart to enable mail to flow through again.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Guys, has anyone else experienced mail issues on icloud.com today with mail not coming through?

I had to do a restart to enable mail to flow through again.
I’ve had a couple instances of “not able to contact mail server” on one or another of my iCloud accounts. I have two. It’s been intermittent and clears in a few minutes. It’s occurred mostly on my phone, I believe, not my ipad but I’ve determined in the past that they access iCloud through different servers so an issue on one won’t necessarily present on the other, even on the same account. I’m chalking this up to some iCloud issues related to ios 18, as I wasn’t having any of the odd manifestations I’m seeing on ios 17.

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
I’ve had a couple instances of “not able to contact mail server” on one or another of my iCloud accounts. I have two. It’s been intermittent and clears in a few minutes. It’s occurred mostly on my phone, I believe, not my ipad but I’ve determined in the past that they access iCloud through different servers so an issue on one won’t necessarily present on the other, even on the same account. I’m chalking this up to some iCloud issues related to ios 18, as I wasn’t having any of the odd manifestations I’m seeing on ios 17.
Thanks mate for this. My issue lasted all day and didn't realise until very late. Sat there all day wondering and cursing why certain emails weren't coming through 🤦

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.