Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guido.coza

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
South Africa
Hi All
Really at the end of my wits
After updating from Mavericks to Sierra my battery was nearly fried. So I wanted to revert back to the last back-up( none done while on Sierra) and some "BUG" on Timecapsule Timemachine put a second partition on the mac and I could not restore anymore. I went to istore and they removed my hard drive booted from a stick, re-installed my drive and manually pulled things back from TM.
Since than I have problems with iTunes. Firstly the "Recently added" did not work anymore, had to create a smart list to get somehow my latest imports to work. I also lost songs that where in recently added during the last back-up. iTunes puts imports automatically into albums and more annoying it puts random album covers up(camera manual for example) Also it does not put all songs into "recently added" from 27 imported songs 19 showed in the folder.
Any idea what is going on and how to fix it without reinstalling,

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Recently added sounds like it's nothing but a cache of a smart list..
if that's gone, it will build up over time again, surely.
And cover art is also basically a cache, you can tell it to redownload cover art and it will try its best again.

As long as you actually have the songs on the hard drives, .. it can play them. You could just remove the songs basically, and re-import them, they will then be the recently added ones.

guido.coza

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
South Africa
Hi Floris
txs for the quick reply.. To re-import was one of the first thing i did but sadly with no luck. How do I STOP iTunes from importing differnt songs as albums. These songs are downloaded at random from the net and should not be in a album in the first place!

guido.coza

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
South Africa
Hi All
Still having trouble with iTunes
I imported yesterday about 60 songs, all different, individually downloaded from the net and at different times added to itunes . Some of the songs i put in special smart folders but they still ended up in one Album.Today it shows me two items in "yesterdays downloads". one single song and one Album with 61 songs What is going on???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.