Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supak111

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
The charger usb-c plug on my 12-macbook tents to disconnect at times from me moving around and before I know it I used up a lot of my battery.

Just want to make my laptop make some type of sound when the charger is DISCONNECTED. It makes a sound when connected and I found ways to disable that, but have not found any instructions to make a sound when it gets unplugged.

PowerChime app in /System/Library/CoreServices controls this as far as I know.

Any suggestions would be tits. Thanks.

Link182ps2

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
Georgia
The charger usb-c plug on my 12-macbook tents to disconnect at times from me moving around and before I know it I used up a lot of my battery.

Just want to make my laptop make some type of sound when the charger is DISCONNECTED. It makes a sound when connected and I found ways to disable that, but have not found any instructions to make a sound when it gets unplugged.

PowerChime app in /System/Library/CoreServices controls this as far as I know.

Any suggestions would be tits. Thanks.
Hmmm.. is this something that could be handled by Automator? I setup a key combo to lock my computer and one to disconnect my Time Machine HD. I don’t see why it couldn’t be done to chime a charge disconnect.

supak111

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
I'm a total noob as far as the automator goes. I did even more research after posting this. PowerChime app that makes the sound when the laptop is plugged in (like the iPhone does) can be disable by terminal, you can also make the sound by putting in a command into terminal. But have not still found anything about making the sound when unplugging the charger, its always about when you plugging it in.

Also found a free app called LapLock thats like a security app to protect you laptop if someone unplugs it and tries to take your laptop app makes an loud alarm sound. But I'm not tying to get scared when the laptop unplugs lol, just a simple warning would be nice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.