Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mshoffmann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
Has anyone here encountered an Evil piece of malware called goqrench? It hijacks your browser, in my case Google Chrome, and redirects to their bogus browser. I have tried every tip I have found on the web to get rid of it with no success. It is the first time I have had a virus on my Mac and it is driving me crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Has anyone here encountered an Evil piece of malware called goqrench? It hijacks your browser, in my case Google Chrome, and redirects to their bogus browser. I have tried every tip I have found on the web to get rid of it with no success. It is the first time I have had a virus on my Mac and it is driving me crazy.

No, haven’t come across or heard of that one yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011

Malware is not the same as a virus.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Malware is not the same as a virus.
Maybe MWB is aware of this particular virus and can detect it, and quarantine it for removal.
Norton anti virus for windows is also meant to only do one thing, and it's buttin in on everything as well.

Do you know how you obtained the virus @op?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.