Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lovehateapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2015
USA
A new section of freeway opened in Carson City, NV back in August 2017. The Maps App still doesn't reflect the freeway opening. I have sent 3 emails to Apple using the map's "report an issue" feature in the last month. Please help get this corrected by sending the following link to Apple: https://www.nevadadot.com/projects-programs/road-projects/carson-city-freeway. Perhaps if enough people report the freeway becoming operational, Apple will finally fix the error.

Superrjamz54

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2015
A new section of freeway opened in Carson City, NV back in August 2017. The Maps App still doesn't reflect the freeway opening. I have sent 3 emails to Apple using the map's "report an issue" feature in the last month. Please help get this corrected by sending the following link to Apple: https://www.nevadadot.com/projects-programs/road-projects/carson-city-freeway. Perhaps if enough people report the freeway becoming operational, Apple will finally fix the error.
Yell at TomTo not Apple. They supply all the map data for Apple.

Reactions: Banglazed

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I had moved to a new neighborhood last December and grew frustrated over time that our streets and my address weren’t shown in Apple maps. After numerous report submissions I launched google maps which showed all the streets and took a screenshot. I submitted that and a short time later Apple Maps had been updated. Might have been a coincidence but it wouldn’t hurt to try.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I had moved to a new neighborhood last December and grew frustrated over time that our streets and my address weren’t shown in Apple maps. After numerous report submissions I launched google maps which showed all the streets and took a screenshot. I submitted that and a short time later Apple Maps had been updated. Might have been a coincidence but it wouldn’t hurt to try.
I have a screen shot as well.... how can I get it to Apple?

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I have a screen shot as well.... how can I get it to Apple?
Just tap on the “I” and choose add a place/location. I believe there is an option to submit an image, or it can bring up an email that you can add the picture to. That’s what I had done.

achappy

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2017
I've reported several issues for Apple map over the past few years and always received a notification within a few weeks it's been updated. But I also always send screenshots of exactly the issue (new street, POI wrong, etc). It seems the more detailed info you give, they quicker the resolution. At least in my case that's how it's been.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Just tap on the “I” and choose add a place/location. I believe there is an option to submit an image, or it can bring up an email that you can add the picture to. That’s what I had done.
Thank you I sent it to Apple as well as TomTom. Strange there's no Add Photo in the OSX maps app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.