Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This series came out last Aug (2017) and no threads here at MacRumors, what gives?? :p

I’m not ready to make grand pronouncements about this season, but 3 Episodes in and this is really good, 4 individual stories (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) all featured as Marvel Netflix Series come together in a very satisfying way, and Electra, aka Black Sky is electric! :) The boardroom fight scene, wow! Three episodes in and this is better than any of the Avenger MEGA CGI ensemble movies. But for full effect, the individual stories must be watched first.

A6333544-9BCF-44FD-B1E6-EDA1EB44A674.jpeg

53AFC38A-6D27-439E-8EE9-91934A5C6511.jpeg

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Wasn't a bad series, and I didn't watch all of Daredevil (a few episodes) or Luke Cage (1 episode)
I did watch all of Iron Fist and Jessica Jones though

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
It suffers from the same issue as all the Netflix/Marvel series. The pacing is bad, with the middle dragging. Then all of a sudden they realize that this series isn't as long as the others and speed up frantically.

One of my favorite things which they seem to realize towards the end, is having the various secondary characters meet. That was fun in the police station.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I like that all these characters (whom I like) and mentioned, secondary characters have crossing paths. And I like the evil Hand. :) Granted, I’ve not made it to the halfway point yet.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I like that all these characters (whom I like) and mentioned, secondary characters have crossing paths. And I like the evil Hand. :) Granted, I’ve not made it to the halfway point yet.
I tried NOT to give too much away, so I intentionally left out big chunks that I had issues with. But all in all I did enjoy the series. I really liked the ending.

For reference though, Luke Cage was my favorite, followed Daredevil Season 1, then Jessica Jones. I absolutely hated Iron Fist, and it seems Defenders is aware that I wasn't alone. Jessica on the other hand really was the standout for me in this series.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I think that 13 Episodes is the minimum number of episodes for a season. Seems like we are getting short changed these days.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I think that 13 Episodes is the minimum number of episodes for a season. Seems like we are getting short changed these days.
My friend and I were discussing this very thing, and I fall on the side of even fewer episodes.

I'd like 9. 3 for beginning, 3 for middle, 3 episodes for the end. Make the shows tighter, and less filler.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I just finished Season 1, and I liked it, because it was not overly dependent on CGI, but it was not the best, but it was good and watchable. Mostly I like all the characters. My critique is that Danny Rand seems to get his butt kicked quite often. We were yelling, keep that Fist away from the magically locked wall!! :D:p Daredevil seems to be the best fighter.

And yeah it was listed as a limited series, with only 8 episodes, but honestly it did not appear to have enough material for any more.

My friend and I were discussing this very thing, and I fall on the side of even fewer episodes.

I'd like 9. 3 for beginning, 3 for middle, 3 episodes for the end. Make the shows tighter, and less filler.
I agree that the 13 episode season is based having the material to fill it.

Last edited:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
My only real complaint with this was Iron Fist, I swear to god if I have to hear him say "I am the Immortal..." one more time lol. I kid, because, by the end of the show, it was almost comical to hear. Oh, and that I never really understood why she wanted to take out NY? Did I miss a slight comment or under the breath statement on why? I get the whole needing the dragon stuff to stay alive etc, but why take out NY?

I liked it and ready for season two!

I think it would be cool if we see them in the Infinity Wars... I mean there is rumour some 70+ characters are going to make an appearance in the movie, why not them too!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My only real complaint with this was Iron Fist, I swear to god if I have to hear him say "I am the Immortal..." one more time lol. I kid, because, by the end of the show, it was almost comical to hear. Oh, and that I never really understood why she wanted to take out NY? Did I miss a slight comment or under the breath statement on why? I get the whole needing the dragon stuff to stay alive etc, but why take out NY?

I liked it and ready for season two!

I think it would be cool if we see them in the Infinity Wars... I mean there is rumour some 70+ characters are going to make an appearance in the movie, why not them too!

No clue, and how were they going to do that? I was half expecting dragons to be unleashed....maybe? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.