Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacintoshMan1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2021
I know that this topic (heavy RAM usage in M1 Macs) has already been discussed, but nobody posted any RAM numbers in posts that I saw. I have recently transitioned from a Windows computer, to an M1 MacBook Pro. Activity Monitor is saying that I am using 5.97 Gb/8Gb of RAM with only a few tabs open on safari. What kind of numbers are you guys seeing from your activity monitor with almost nothing running on your Macs? Contacted Apple and some agents said that this was a problem, but an agent I spoke with tonight who said that this was normal. Would appreciate some RAM usage numbers so I could confirm one way or another. The nearest Apple store is over an hour away for me so...Thanks guys!

Jonr515

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2017
Midwest!
Here are my stats.
Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 9.51.38 PM.png

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
All that matters is Memory Pressure in the Acticity Monitor window. Green (like in Ixon2001's screenshot) is good. If it goes orange or red frequently you may have insufficient RAM for your usage.

Reactions: jdb8167
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.