Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
Hello,
I ordered a Matias Space grey Backlit Wireless Aluminum Keyboard cause I like then feel of the my MacBook keyboard and it also had additional features over apple's official one so it seemed like a no brainer.

anyway when I got it I was shocked to see their space grey is nothing like my space grey Mac mini and is closer to my 2015 mbp (not sure if its a deal breaker if accurate, I was really hoping to have it be color matched to the mini)

both the serial on the box and the keyboard match and the box says its the space grey model not the silver,
so its not likely a simple wrong product in box scenario.

anyway I emailed their support and they said its their version of space grey and and sent me a link to a 9to5mac article detailing the various shades of space grey over the years/devices.

I tend to believe support when they tell me something like that and having seen enough 3rd party accessories get close but not quite color matched I get it, but given their own box shows such a darker colour am I crazy to think this isn't accurate.?

does anyone have a Matias space grey something to confirm whether im crazy or not?
IMG_4916.JPG

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I think their color is their color. Not sure what else there is to be done about it. Does look darker than the MacBook in the background, but not as dark as Apple's flavor.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Looks like it might match the space grey on my iPhone. I have the real Apple Space Grey Magic Keyboard with keypad, looks nice and certainly a lot darker than your photo. It's a bit lighter than the color of my 2018 Mini, but they look good together. Unfortunately, it has now been discontinued by Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.