Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Volusia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2016
Central Florida
We recently got a HomePod and have been enjoying it for music and operating some HomeKit switches in the house. I have noticed that occasionally Siri will not be able to complete a task I have requested, responding that she was unable to find a component, etc. If I then make the same request through my iPhone the request is processed and requested action taken.

Last night I told Siri to "turn on the bedroom light." Now, I don't have a detectible accent and many people have described me as having a "radio voice" and saying I should do voice overs. After making my request, there was a pause and Siri responded with "I am not sure what you are requesting as I don't understand the meaning of fish." I have no idea how Siri got the word "fish" from anything I had said, then it occurred to me... I think Siri may have a drinking problem....

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
Siri on my iPhone struggles last week to differentiate the words “on” and “off”.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
I'll tell Siri to turn up or down my lights sometimes and it'll completely miss the up or down part of the request, and just read "turn the lights" which it then assumes I mean on or off, which if they're on obviously just turns them off. Not massively common but still irritating. Must be my welsh accent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.