Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rajce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
Hello,

I have a charging problem.

When I charge my MBA over night, disconnect it in the morning, use it until cca 60 % and then connect the charger it won't start. I have to reconnect it, sometimes even twice.

If I don't disconnect it in the morning, it correctly uses adapter as power source.

Thanks!

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
If this was happening to my MBA, I would first try it with a different wall outlet. And if that didn't resolve it (and I didn't have a spare charger to test with), I'd make an Apple Store Genius Bar appointment (or contact Support).

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Try turning off 'optimized battery charging' setting to see if it makes a difference. Curious which port you're using to charge, towards rear or towards front?

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 7.48.02 AM.png

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
is there one you should use over the other? asking for a friend ??

For battery settings I normally leave default unless troubleshooting an issue like having to turn off auto brightness. For charging ports, it shouldn't matter and I haven't had issue with towards back but you never know. Seems like every day is a surprise.

Rajce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
It seems to be fixed in 11.2.

For anyone interested:

Optimized charging was off. Now even if it is on, it charges correctly.

Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.