Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MazingerZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
I have about 8 gb of Raw images that I tried to import from my XSI to my MBA last week, before the the Iphoto update to support XSI raw.

Of course, IPhoto tried to import the files but in the end displayed a message about being unable to read the raw files. Now the actual SD card is corrupted and cannot be read using a card reader.

Is there any possibility, that the RAW files are somewhere in the HD when IPhoto tried to import them?

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Yes there is a very big possibility.

If the photos actually got into iPhoto, they should appear as blank squares with the words 'unsupported image format' written across them. Just click file>show file to find them and re-process them using your cameras raw software.

If they never got into iPhoto then I would try searching for any NEF or TIFF files.

MazingerZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Well, I was able to recover them as deleted files from the Hard Drive using Data Rescue II. The memory card seems shot though. Can't format it thru the camera or read it via a card reader.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.