Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008

Mouse lags for a split-second every few seconds - this happens not only when the mouse cursor is on the monitor desktop, but also when on Macbook's display when HP Z43 is connected. (please see the video above to better describe what's actually happening)

Macbook Pro 15'' 2017 directly connected to a HP Z43 4K display via Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable.

I experience the issue mentioned only with this specific monitor. All Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) I have tried all works fine on other monitors.

Also charging via the monitor (docking station) only delivers 15W instead of said 65W - and although Macbooks are saying "charging" - they are slowly discharging while working on the monitor connected only via one Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable.

What I have tried:
  • multiple Macbook and Macbook Pro models (issue still persists on any of them - all have High Sierra installed)
  • different Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cables
  • hooking up Macbooks to its original charger and then connecting the display
  • One of the cables is Delock Thunderbolt™ 3 (40 Gb/s) USB-C™
  • all four Thunderbolts on each of the Macbook we tried
Also please note that I'm using Macbook's trackpad to move the mouse cursor, not a Bluetooth device of any kind (which could potentially be an interference problem)

Honestly I'm clueless, if there is anything else I should try, please let me know.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.