Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STR33TPIR8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Hi guys.
when I try to wake up my MBP2016 (touchbar) it starts the system from scratch. I get the error "your computer has been restarted because of a problem". Tried everything, resetting SMC, PRAM, diagnostics says all OK and even tried formatting with Sierra or Installing the Beta of High Sierra. This problem only happens when my MBP sleeps for a long time (+12h I think). Could this be an Hardware Problem? Is this a known Issue?
By the way, my hard drive is with Filevault encrypted. Hope you can give me some hints. Cheers!

STR33TPIR8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Unfortunately that’s not my issue. My MBP isn’t connected to an external display.

joefoong79

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2017
This remind me my old 2012 Mbp. No matter new install OS X or any update no fix. Mountain lion then Yosemite still sleep wake failure until update El Capitan this symptom stop. I really can't tell is hardware or software problem. But I known is not easy going always. Same model mbp same operating system of my friend never have this. This is very confusing situation last me 2 years. If I'm you still in return period please exchange it. Because now my new mbp 2016 never have this symptom.

STR33TPIR8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Disabling Filevault seems to have fixed the Problem. If that´s the case, I can probably exclude hardware problems. Will keep testing. Maybe some programs like paragon NTFS conflicting with Filevault?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.