Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you noticed a lag when scrolling?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Loksan3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2018
I have a few days old MacBook Pro 2018 i7 2.6ghz ,512gb. I've noticed a scrolling lag in Safari and especially in chrome since the day I've got it ,but after reinstalling Mac OS after failed boot camp installation and installing Windows successfully the issue seems a little bit worse and the boot time is aroud 24 seconds. Is this normal? I've seen youtube videos with 10 seconds boot time on 2017 MBP and was just wondering.but the scrolling lag which is actually stutter/skipped frames in the end of the animation is bothering me so much. My Cinebench r15 is never above 92 fps which seems strange.
Should I make another fresh install of Mojave?
Is bootcamp messing with the performance of Mac OS ,or the scrolling stutter is completely normal? Does yours MacBook Pro lags when scrolling as well?

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Scrolling performance depends on many factors, including the website you are on and the speed of your internet connection. Many websites load the data as you scroll, so if there is a delay there, it will appear choppy to you. Boot time is an awkward thing to measure since it depends on what programs you have set for autostart etc. Cinebench OpenGL benchmark is pretty much terrible and doesn't tell you anything. You can try running Cinebench CPU benchmark, it should be somewhere around 950 or so for your machine.

Loksan3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2018
I am talking about a choppy scrolling when the webpages are fully loaded and I also have a really fast Wi-Fi. The choppy scrolling is on every site, especially YouTube but pretty much anywhere else too. Its like on my S9 plus smartphone but it costs 6x more.
*Windows works flawlessly
I'm just wondering is this a normal thing on Mac OS.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Most definitely not normal. Can you try resetting SMC? Sometimes there are problems with power configuration which causes the hardware to be stuck in low-power mode. If that doesn't help, I'd RMA it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.