Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spasa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2021
In the upper right corner of the screen, on the horizontal edge of the screen i noticed line, in the length of 3-4 cm, which is flickering.
A1E92679-BB48-428D-A309-391A938586DC.jpeg

It seems like there is additional line of pixels which are turning on and of. I noticied bright white line while i was working in xcode. From that moment i can’t stop look away. Its very distracting and noticeable.Also i look on few anothers pro M1’s and its look like only mine have that issue.

I took it to iStyle (which is Apple autorised partner in my area/country). Belgrade, to be exact.
Note from them after service said that they run hardware and screen tests which showed that there is no issue. And they said the flickering is barely noticable and that they beleve that is some kind of software incompatibility, so “We are HOPING that another software update will resolve the flickering”. So they returned it to me as perfectly working device.
And now i’m mad, dissapointed...i don’t know to describe feeling anymore.

Here is the same dropbox link which i also sent in email while reporting problem and making appointment to repair, with few video’s of the problem to provide:

If someone encounter the same problem, even on previous generations of MBP’s i will appreciate any feedback and advice.

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2019
That seem like hardware failure. I did have it like that but in the bottom on my MBP 2013. It was repaired under warranty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.