Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unitkombat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Hi, I have a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012 (non retina) - 16GB RAM (Crucial) and 1TB Seagate SSHD (all changed last year). My battery is 3 years old - original, cca 90% of capacity and 570 cycles.

My problem started a few months ago when I've been experiencing a significative battery draining during sleep. Normally it's around 1-2% over night with open apps, bluetooth.., now cca 1% per hour with all closed. Working time on a battery is similar like before.

Firstly I think that's a "post Sierra update" problem so I downgraded to absolutely clear Maverick, than El Captain to check the behavior. Now I'm running High Sierra. - no change.
Then I tried to switch RAM's for the 4GB old ones - nothing.
I tried to change pmset settings too - nothing. (hibernatemode change between 0, 1, 3 and 25, enable standby etc.)
I checked the log (pmset -g log) and there is no activity that cause the problem. No unaspected waking. (PowerNap is not supported, keychain disabled, no USB/thunderbolt devices) Tried to turn WIFI of before sleep - no way.
I tried to run Windows via Bootcamp - the same battery drain like in OSX.
SMC and PRAM reset - nothing.
When I shut the MB down, there is no battery drain.
Because of this I think it's probably a HW problem.

Does anyone have an experience with this issue? Thanks!

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2017-10-28 v 12.13.01.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2017-10-28 v 12.13.01.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 141
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.