Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andzaytsev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2016
IL, USA
Right after I upgraded to OS X Sierra, I started having an issue when my MBP would overheat when I close the lid and put it in a bag. It seems like it doesn't go to sleep with the lid closed (not sure if the sleep mode works at all).

I have already tried resetting SMC and NVRAM. I have also tried following advice in other threads that involves running pmset -g. Here are my energy, bluetooth settings, system monitor, and pmset. I don't see anything preventing my Mac from sleeping:
bluetooth.png energy.png monitor.png pmset.png
Any ideas on how to debug/fix this issue? It's really annoying to have to shutdown my Mac every time I need to go somewhere. Thanks!

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Works fine (or the same as it always did) for me.

I always wait a minute or two before I stick my Mac in the case to let it cool down.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Why is it annoying to shut it down? It's takes less than a minute to turn it back on and log in again.

I mean, shutting it down and starting it up isn't that big of a deal, but at the same time I'd be annoyed if my Mac didn't sleep when I closed the lid.

Reactions: arefbe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.