Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elevon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Hi there,

Lately I have opened the back of my MBP for some installation, during the process I managed to lose one of the (short) screws...

So currently my MBP has a missing screw (right-mid just under the trackpad), will this be a big problem?

Would you advice me to purchase a new screw or just leave it?

-If i were to buy a new screw, can somebody advice me a good and reliability seller please?

Sorry about the load of questions.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I would say if you can get a replacement then get one. It won't really hurt anything if you leave it out but to be safe to get one.

Sorry I don't have any recommendations other then take a look over at ifixit.com. They may sell them or have links to get one.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
Hi there,

Lately I have opened the back of my MBP for some installation, during the process I managed to lose one of the (short) screws...

So currently my MBP has a missing screw (right-mid just under the trackpad), will this be a big problem?

Would you advice me to purchase a new screw or just leave it?

-If i were to buy a new screw, can somebody advice me a good and reliability seller please?

Sorry about the load of questions.

Go to n Apple store and ask for a screw. I had one come out and they simply put a new one in on the spot.

greenchiliman

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
Chicago
It will be fine without it. Your preference on whether it will haunt you like an Edgar Allen Poe beating heart that you are missing that screw.

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
Don't stress out about it. Just pick one up at an Apple store the next time you have a chance.

Elevon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Thank you very much for the help guys, your comments are very appreciated. I decide to visit my local Apple store tomorrow =]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.