Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Funk4teer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
Hi everybody :)
I’m about to purchase a MacBook Pro 13” without Touch Bar and as the title says I have this doubt, for a web developer (full stack if that matters) what is the upgrade that makes more sense? 16Gb RAM or the i7 processor? Knowing that I can’t afford both ..D’uh :rolleyes:

Thanks

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
16Gb RAM. The difference between the i5 and i7 will be negligible in most development scenarios, but the jump from 8 to 16GB when you have a lot of tools open (especially if you use Virtual Machines for testing) will be much more noticeable. A full-stack developer usually has to juggle lots of open apps at once, and can easily fill 16GB RAM.

Reactions: Funk4teer

Funk4teer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
16Gb RAM. The difference between the i5 and i7 will be negligible in most development scenarios, but the jump from 8 to 16GB when you have a lot of tools open (especially if you use Virtual Machines for testing) will be much more noticeable. A full-stack developer usually has to juggle lots of open apps at once, and can easily fill 16GB RAM.

Yeah that’s what I thought, but since is a “big” experience I wanted to hear more opinions!
Thank you so much Poorcody that’s made my mind

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.