Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fmalvar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2020
Hey there!

I'm a graphic designer, I do all my work on my iMac. But I want to buy an MBP/MBA where I can do "soft work" (Illustrator/Photoshop basic stuff),

I'm confused if I should buy the new MBP 13 entry line or the MBA with i5. MBP, where I live, is 1 529,00 € and the MBA i5 is 1 279,00 €

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Hey there!

I'm a graphic designer, I do all my work on my iMac. But I want to buy an MBP/MBA where I can do "soft work" (Illustrator/Photoshop basic stuff),

I'm confused if I should buy the new MBP 13 entry line or the MBA with i5. MBP, where I live, is 1 529,00 € and the MBA i5 is 1 279,00 €

Thank you for your time!
Both would work, but if you can afford it I’d go for the Pro since it has a wider color gamut and is better for photo editing.

Reactions: LFC2020 and fmalvar

Fidgit

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2020
A wider gamut is necessarily a good thing for photo editing, depending on where they end up.

Reactions: fmalvar

fmalvar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2020
Both would work, but if you can afford it I’d go for the Pro since it has a wider color gamut and is better for photo editing.
Thank you for help, I´m going with the Pro!
[automerge]1588672514[/automerge]
A wider gamut is necessarily a good thing for photo editing, depending on where they end up.
Yes you're right, that's an important thing that I forget

Reactions: KPOM

Alex W.

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2020
Do NOT get the air. I do similar work to you and the Air is for basic basic basic stuff, it throttles like crazy.

Reactions: fmalvar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.