Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fan1s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2019
Hi guys,

I am a newbie on this forum, but I am a user of macbook for many years. I have home one Macbook Pro mid2012, i5 2,5Ghz. I was changing a motherboard, but it lost my serial number. I have it form bottom of mac. When I look at "about my mac" the field for serial number is empty. I can not use imessage, facetime, etc.. like you know.

Is there any posibility for downgrade to older EFI, because I tried to use Blank Board Serializer, but it is not possible to boot it up. I just see for 1-2s expression about EFI error. After i studied some threads here, I guess I need to downgrade it to older version. Macbook show me currently version of EFI 224.0.0.0.

I tried to use this guide: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ld-efi-after-downgrade-from-yosemite.1803934/
But when i downloaded version for my Mac and used unpkg, I see only empty folders in following structure: Mac2015002EFIUpdate/private/tmp/RecoveryUpdatePayload and nothing more. No file like .scap. I tried it on Mojave and Maverics, which I installed on MPB9,2 and extraction without changes.

Do you have any idea or helpful information? I tried to google it, but without chance. I can give you information about my mac, what you want. SMS is 2.2f44.

Thank you so much :)

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2019-03-31 v 11.13.31.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2019-03-31 v 11.13.31.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 261

Fan1s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2019
So, if no answer, can I help yourself with resoldering BIOS chip? I have old motherboard, so I can try to resolder the EFI chip and maybe it will be work? Where is the serial number written? I guess in this chip, so maybe it could help me, isnt it? Or better way is to re-flash this chip and enter serial number again? But this is a first problem, that I dont know how to flash my MBP9,2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.