Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreekApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
Hi,
I own a Macbook Pro Retina early 2013 model.
I checked that my battery has 700 cycles and I got a message that I must service my battery.
I am going to change it alone and i found a battery of Ion-polymer of a brand Cameron-Sino which is 8600mah and the price is 90€.
I checked that Apple official battery is Li-Ion on my model and that Li-Ion batteries are better in power. But i also checked that the new MacBooks have a Li-Polymer battery.

So is there any difference? Should i buy this one or go for an official Apple battery which i have to buy for like 120€ and w8 to come since I'm gonna buy it from eBay?

Thanks

esatamacmodular

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2014
ive only had bad experiences with non-OEM batteries in apple machines. i would pay extra for an apple branded battery for the correct model. bonus if you can get a battery warranty on the apple branded battery.

GreekApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
ive only had bad experiences with non-OEM batteries in apple machines. i would pay extra for an apple branded battery for the correct model. bonus if you can get a battery warranty on the apple branded battery.
Thanks for response. I dont think I will get warranty for any of these batteries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.