Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 16, 2016
…should be a dock icon long-press action for any multi-window-capable app, in my humble opinion. Thoughts?

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
Sounds like a good idea to me.

(I haven’t tried the beta yet.)

sorgo †

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 16, 2016
Sounds like a good idea to me.

(I haven’t tried the beta yet.)
Yeah, as things currently stand it’s only an option upon long-pressing the tabs button in Safari which just seems far too limited/sloppy in implementation, especially compared to such a simple and effective alternate design decision.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
Yeah, as things currently stand it’s only an option upon long-pressing the tabs button in Safari which just seems far too limited/sloppy in implementation, especially compared to such a simple and effective alternate design decision.

How does it currently manage the difference between merging tabs in safari splitscreen vs merging all tabs accross multiple windows/spaces?

For example I have Safari in splitscreen mode and multiple other safari windows in seperate spaces in the background and I want to merge just the tabs in the currently open splitscreen or I may want to merge every single safari tab including the ones in seperate spaces in the background. Is it possible to control this?

Thanks

sorgo †

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 16, 2016
How does it currently manage the difference between merging tabs in safari splitscreen vs merging all tabs accross multiple windows/spaces?

For example I have Safari in splitscreen mode and multiple other safari windows in seperate spaces in the background and I want to merge just the tabs in the currently open splitscreen or I may want to merge every single safari tab including the ones in seperate spaces in the background. Is it possible to control this?

Thanks
Good question! I actually merged two side-by-side/split-screen-view Safari windows last night and gauged the result.

What happens is all windows, including the two that are side by side, merge together, forming one Safari window that takes up the entire screen.

Comparatively if once chooses to merge all Safari windows with the other instances/windows in the background and with another app also in the foreground/split-view (running next to a Safari window in split-view) the other app will obviously remain on-screen while all the Safari windows are merged into whichever portion of the screen the active Safari window is occupying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.