Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macinmanchester

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
Kansas City
Photostitch does not work after going to Snow Leopard. I believe the problem is with Canon. I have Photoshop Elements 6 installed but have never tried to merge two photos together - stitch them. I have a basic knowledge of Elements from previous use but have been away from it for a while. Can anyone give me an easy process to use. Thanks.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
My version of photoshop is different, but the process is hopefully the same. The easiest way is to put all the photos you want to stitch together into one folder on your desktop or somewhere where you can easily find it. In Photoshop, go to:
File->Automate->Photomerge
Where it says "Source Files" and "Use:" make sure you select "Folder" since all of your photos are in the same folder. Browse the computer for the folder, select it, and click "OK".

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
I use PSE8, but to create panoramas (stitch two or more photos) I use a relatively inexpensive application called "Calico." Calico is fully automatic, so you won't have much control on the process. But what it does is to create a panorama in a very short period of time. The steps are as follows:

a. Launch Calico (it takes about a second to pop on the screen).
b. Then "click" on LOAD (the photos you want to stitch). You can LOAD from a disk (hard drive, desktop, etc.), or from iPhoto. Search and select the photos, and they immediately appear on the window.
c. See if the photos are in the order you want, and move them around if needed, then click on ALIGN. A preview of the pano will appear on the window.
d. Now click on MAKE, and Calico will make the pano.

Calico will stitch any photo format (RAW, TIFF, JPEG, and so forth). I use PSE8 to PP the pano, and then crop as needed. Calico costs $39.00.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.