Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slix

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Hey all, hope the holidays are treating you well so far.

Today I met with someone I contacted through Craigslist and bought his 17" flat panel ADC Studio Display! I asked if he happened to have any other Apple stuff while I was there, so I also got a graphite Apple keyboard and a black Apple Pro Mouse for a grand total of $49 for the lot. All in really nice shape! The only thing I've noticed so far is that the little rubber feet seem to be missing and instead there are black squishy cushions on the bottom of the display's feet. However, these seem to slide a bit when on my desk, so I'll have to find a replacement for them so the display doesn't slip off my desk!

I tried putting the display on my desk with my other ADC display and my iMac G4 server, but it was a tight fit, so until I find another solution, the iMac will be on top of my MDD. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5641.JPG
    IMG_5641.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5642.JPG
    IMG_5642.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 155
Reactions: kyjaotkb

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
As much as I love the ADC CRTs, they do eat up a good chunk of real estate(but then that's true of all CRTs). Even at that, the acrylic ones do as well since the front feet are as wide as the display. You can't overhang them on your desk like you can with a center-supported monitor.

I'd be interested in what you find on the replacement feet. I've never really looked into them, but I have a few displays with no feet and they can be cantankerous on a smooth desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.