Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meshaun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2021
Hello!
I tried to open the Messages from my iPhone 13 Pro from the MBA.
Unfortunately, only a very few messages are synced. I think it's supposed to seamlessly sync right on the spot right? Like the Photos?

I tried the solutions like Signing out and back in again, Sync option in the preferences but it's not working.
This below is the usual progress all the time.

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 13.53.41.png

Apart from this, only the messages from Yesterday are shown, nothing new from today.

Any help on this?

xboxbml

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2015
Hello!
I tried to open the Messages from my iPhone 13 Pro from the MBA.
Unfortunately, only a very few messages are synced. I think it's supposed to seamlessly sync right on the spot right? Like the Photos?

I tried the solutions like Signing out and back in again, Sync option in the preferences but it's not working.
This below is the usual progress all the time.

View attachment 1935569

Apart from this, only the messages from Yesterday are shown, nothing new from today.

Any help on this?
On your phone, did you check Settings-Messages-Text Message Forwarding? Make sure your Mac is in there, that it didn't get changed. Also, I would cold boot the phone and do a restart on the Mac.

Reactions: AGM21 and meshaun

meshaun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2021
On your phone, did you check Settings-Messages-Text Message Forwarding? Make sure your Mac is in there, that it didn't get changed. Also, I would cold boot the phone and do a restart on the Mac.
Thank you for the reply.
I just now did the Forwarding. I hadn't done that before.

But still, after the restart on the both Mac and the phone, the messages are not syncing.

xboxbml

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2015
Thank you for the reply.
I just now did the Forwarding. I hadn't done that before.

But still, after the restart on the both Mac and the phone, the messages are not syncing.
hmm... I can't think of anything else.. other than maybe signing out of iCloud and back in..and I don't like doing that myself.. Seems every time I do something else weird happens..I dunno.. up to you. I take no responsibility for anything weird happening or loss of data. Make sure you back everything up somehow before you do anything.. I'd wait for some more input here though..

Reactions: alphasports

Fatus_Asticus

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2021
Make sure text message forwarding is checked on your iPhone, settings, messages, text message forwarding. Any devices that you want messages forwarded to will need to be turned on in there.

Also check on your Mac, message, preferences, enable iMessage cloud

I remember when I set mine up I had issues with this. I had to go back in on my iPhone and select my Mac. I thought I had done it but I needed to do it again and messages starting syncing after that.

Good luck I hope you get it working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.