Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danielhigginz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
I want to see my iMessages ( which are stored in iCloud available to my iOS devices ) in my macOS Messages app. I can't seem to get this working. I was in contact with Apple Support and they said that macOS doesn't currently support this feature but I find this hard to believe. I think It has something to do with the fact that in Messages/Preferences/Accounts/Settings under the checkbox "Enable this account" I am missing the "Enable Messages on iCloud" checkbox. Any ideas? Screenshots below.

IMG_0001.PNG

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I want to see my iMessages ( which are stored in iCloud available to my iOS devices ) in my macOS Messages app. I can't seem to get this working. I was in contact with Apple Support and they said that macOS doesn't currently support this feature but I find this hard to believe. I think It has something to do with the fact that in Messages/Preferences/Accounts/Settings under the checkbox "Enable this account" I am missing the "Enable Messages on iCloud" checkbox. Any ideas? Screenshots below.

IMG_0001.PNG
Apple support is correct. The feature is not available even though it was in the betas.

danielhigginz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Apple support is correct. The feature is not available even though it was in the betas.

Thank you for the reply, this has been driving me up the wall. I can’t believe that this feature hasn’t been fully implemented across all devices. It seems like something obvious that should work.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Thank you for the reply, this has been driving me up the wall. I can’t believe that this feature hasn’t been fully implemented across all devices. It seems like something obvious that should work.
It's also not in iOS 11.3.

centauratlas

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Florida
Well, it is in iOS 11.4, but still don't see it in 10.13.4, nor do I see it in watchOS 4.3.1 released today along with 11.4.

TSloper74

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
Apple is really blowing it on the software front these days. Sync across ALL of your devices... as long as all of your devices are iPads or iPhones.

$ can't buy love nor can it buy quality software development it seems. 11.4 is still messing up CarPlay audio. But hey... I can send a sh^t Animoji reliably each and every time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.