Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHelp_75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2022
Ever since updating to iOS 16 and macOS 12.6 I have a Message issue. Whenever I delete from my Mac nothing deletes from iPhone. Delete from iPhone it's practically instantaneous on the Mac. It's persisted after signing out of iCloud, manually synching messages, and other typical resolution attempts.

I've read in the forum others having the issue too, but I'd think the reports be more widespread. Anyone know if any bugs have been identified or thoughts on this one?

jha

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2021
Ever since updating to iOS 16 and macOS 12.6 I have a Message issue. Whenever I delete from my Mac nothing deletes from iPhone. Delete from iPhone it's practically instantaneous on the Mac. It's persisted after signing out of iCloud, manually synching messages, and other typical resolution attempts.

I've read in the forum others having the issue too, but I'd think the reports be more widespread. Anyone know if any bugs have been identified or thoughts on this one?
Will probably be this way until Ventura is released with all the new messaging features. Experiencing the same issue here. Don't sweat it until then!

Reactions: MacHelp_75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.