Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AndrewWx

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Ventura CA
Hi All:

My M1 Mini Ethernet port just stopped working. Network monitor says there is no cable attached. If I put the cable into a Ethernet to USB C connector it works perfectly. Has any one had this happen?

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens

Also this, from the previous model (Intel) Mini

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
open a terminal and execute:

sudo ifconfig en0 down

followed by

sudo ifconfig en0 up

that should bring the ethernet connection back. Wich version of MacOS are you running?

AndrewWx

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Ventura CA
open a terminal and execute:

sudo ifconfig en0 down

followed by

sudo ifconfig en0 up

that should bring the ethernet connection back. Wich version of MacOS are you running?
Thanks - I will try this straight away.

I am running the latest Monterey best (21A5552a)

JA226

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2021
The Ethernet port on my M1 Mac Mini suddenly stopped working today. I have tried multiple different router ports and cables with no success. I also ran it through the Apple Diagnostics test and that did not find any issues. I have tried the terminal commands suggested in this thread as well and they unfortunately didn't fix the issue either. Does anyone have any further ideas or suggestions before I look to book it into the Apple Store for them to take a look at?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.