Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coolio1286

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

my brandnew 16" MBP just arrived and I am looking for a Microfiber Cloth, that fits between the screen and the keyboard, when the laptop is transported, to avoid the keyboard leaving marks on the screen. I'm in Europe and I cannot find any fitting microfiber cloths - so my question is, will one for the 15" fit as well?

Segata Sanshiro

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2020
Hi,

I was looking for a solution for the same purpose. The two leading brands in America - Radtech and Shaggymax - are not available in Europe.

The closest option seems to be Torro. Does anybody have any experience to share about them ? I would like to buy this cloth to put between the keyboard and the screen for my newly purchased MBP16.

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
Kuzy's web site lets me plug in shipping destinations all over Europe, but hey, whatever.

Segata Sanshiro

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2020
My bad, I meant an official retailer based in Europe. Radtech also ship to Europe according to their website but it means having to pay shipping costs more expensive than the cloth itself.

I have ordered the Torro ones from the local Amazon, we will see if it fits well.

Thanks again for your help.

Aranaformae

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2020
My bad, I meant an official retailer based in Europe. Radtech also ship to Europe according to their website but it means having to pay shipping costs more expensive than the cloth itself.

I have ordered the Torro ones from the local Amazon, we will see if it fits well.

Thanks again for your help.

I have the same thing! Did the Torro fit without pressing on the screen? Or should I buy the RadTech ??

Aranaformae

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2020
I've had the Radtech one for my 16" MBP for almost a year. LOVE IT!

yeah I get the RadTech are the way to go , but the problem is there are no European dealers, and the international shipping makes the cloth more than double the price ..

by the way they are thin enough for the new 16”? In a way it doesn’t press on the screen when closed :)

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
yeah I get the RadTech are the way to go , but the problem is there are no European dealers, and the international shipping makes the cloth more than double the price ..

by the way they are thin enough for the new 16”? In a way it doesn’t press on the screen when closed :)
Yes, they are thin enough. As far as the cost, I would look at it like this: Is the cost of shipping it to the EU more than the cost of replacing the screen? If not, it's worth the cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.