Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chiphawk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
I heard that this was good photo editing software. Stupid question but does anyone know if it is Mac compatible? If not what is the best photo editing software for mac?

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
chiphawk said:
I heard that this was good photo editing software. Stupid question but does anyone know if it is Mac compatible? If not what is the best photo editing software for mac?

It's on the Microsoft site HERE appears to be priced $99. Doesn't look like it's available for Mac - according to the System Requirements link at the bottom of that page.

You may want to check out Adobe Photoshop Elements, which looks to be a similar program, is available for the Mac and is around the same price as well. There's also a 30-day tryout version, which you can download from the Adobe site and have a play.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Paint Shop Pro for the Mac

I recommend Adobe Photo Elements.

I wish I could recommend Paint Shop Pro. I went to their website to see if they were planning on a Mac version and they say the Mac market is too small for the effort.

I can't believe Corel doesn't jump on Mac platform with PaintShop Pro X. Sure it may only have 4% of the market but Mac users easily could bring in 30% of the total sales for Corel. A lot of people still think 4% of the market means 4% of the revenue. cough** Windows users steal software ** cough

Mac users alone account for about 13% of all Microsoft Office sales. I bet the percentage is higher for creative software such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
BornAgainMac said:
A lot of people still think 4% of the market means 4% of the revenue. cough** Windows users steal software ** cough

What a coincidence --- so do Mac users.

I think the big thing is that a larger % of people who use a Mac will also photo edit. Why? Because Macs aren't bought by 11 year olds for gaming, nor are they widely used in offices. They have a slightly different market, and that'll reflect in the software users buy. Maybe PaintShop Pro should move to the Mac, but it doesn't matter to me.

And looking at MS Digital Image 2006, it doesn't look to be too bad. It has some good features more powerful than iPhoto, and yet it doesn't look too difficult to use. I have never used it though, so who knows. Maybe it's buggy as hell. Or maybe it's great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.