Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
I wonder if they'll stick with the iView moniker? As it is now it would sound a little odd coming from MS.

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
Anyone else getting this advertisement on the linked-page describing the acquisition?

Attachments

• uno.png
    uno.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 92
  • dos.png
    dos.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 119
  • tres.png
    tres.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 91

The Mad Kiwi

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
In Hell
Pistol Pete said:
im curious does anyone in here actually use it?

Nope, I use Aperture and CS2.

It was a great program, but competition's tougher now. On the consumer side, iPhoto 6 is now quick and able to handle large libraries with ease, and on the Pro side Aperture is a much better program.

I don't think there was any potential for growth of sales on the Mac, so they made Windows version. Microsoft who need a product to compete with Google Picasa opens up the wallet, bang, instant millions. Who'd say no!

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
maxrobertson said:
I'm getting so tired of microsoft buying up all these companies! Remember Bungie? Microsoft needs to be stopped!

Ah, Bungie. Marathon was hip and cool at the time. Halo, well, halo sucks in classic microsoft tradition.

Why MS? What the hell Phor? ;)

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
Pistol Pete said:
im curious does anyone in here actually use it?

I had it before Aperture. Now I use it on one machine (Downstairs) to download, and then down load to another ( upstairs work machine) with Aperture. I have at least two full copies of all pictures.

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
dpaanlka said:
I wasn't aware iView was feature rich enough to be an Aperture competitor.

It isn't. So it is perfect for MS. If Aperture is $250, then MS can sell their inferior product for $400. Same old MS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.