Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christopher Laird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2017
Trinidad & Tobago
On the latest beta : 17A306f
Word and other microsoft office apps crash when "Print" or "Page Setup" are se;ceted. This occurs in Office 2011 AND Office 2016

I will have to use alternative such as Libfe Office until this is fixed.

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
I suggest you test in a new User. I'm not seeing any issues like you describe.

Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or if it's your User's folder that contains the problem.

You can use the Guest User or create a new User for testing.

CREATE A NEW USER

Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Users & Groups.
Switch to the New User by logging out/in or use Fast User Switching.
You can skip logging in with an Apple ID unless you need to test iCloud apps. Hit continue then skip.

Only default Apple apps will be in the Dock in the new User. Go to Applications to open other apps you might want to test.

Do you still see the issue?
If no, then the problem is in your User's folder.

Christopher Laird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2017
Trinidad & Tobago

Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or if it's your User's folder that contains the problem.

CREATE A NEW USER

You can skip logging in with an Apple ID unless you need to test iCloud apps. Hit continue then skip.

Only default Apple apps will be in the Dock in the new User. Go to Applications to open other apps you might want to test.

Thanks for the tip. It was a good one as I had not tried it but following your suggestion I created a new user and the same problems appeared. Office (2011 and 2016) crashing on Print and Page Setup and Bento not opening.

groomez

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2018
Thanks for the tip. It was a good one as I had not tried it but following your suggestion I created a new user and the same problems appeared. Office (2011 and 2016) crashing on Print and Page Setup and Bento not opening.

Having same problem with Microsoft word only. Any updates?
[doublepost=1542315456][/doublepost]Same issues in word only, Any updates?

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^Apparently, the OP fixed his issue and never reported back. What version of Office?

Lou

TheJoker1996

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2018

CREATE A NEW USER

I had the same problem and I managed to resolve it due to you, so thanks. I made a guest account and everything was ok, so I got back to the account with the problem and I changed the default printer, which was a wireless one at my company. Now everything is fine. Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.